Flu Clinics 2020
DRIVE THROUGH FLU Vaccination Clinic - SUNDAY 26/4/2020 at COWRA SHOWGROUND
8am - 12 Midday (or until Vaccination allocation exhausted)
*PLEASE CHECK THE CRITERIA BELOW ENSURE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THIS CLINIC*
The practice will be conducting a DRIVE through flu vaccination clinic from 8am-12 midday or until vaccination allocation is exhausted (please note we have more vaccinations available than last time, but again we do not control the number we receive and can only give out what we have.
This will be undertaken with the assistance of the Cowra Shire and the Cowra Police . Vehicles will be instructed upon Entry , Vaccination and Exit .
This has been organised for the safety of the community at this time.
This clinic will be for any patient registered with the Cowra Medical Associates, who is eligible for a FREE vaccine aged 12 years and over. (Please note : Patients should call the practice to organise all other flu vaccines)
Patients Eligible for a free vaccine at the clinic on Sunday will be :
- patients aged 65 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients aged 12 years and over
- Pregnant Women
- All patients aged 12 years and over with a Diagnosed / Documented Chronic Disease (as per government guidelines).
Drive Through Clinic Instructions:
1. Patients MUST remain in their car at all times and vehicles must be turned off when pulled up at the vaccination station .
2. Patients must wear clothing that allows their upper arm to be exposed to allow for the vaccination to be administered.
3. Patients must obey traffic control management instructions at all times.
4. We ask that patients remain calm and courteous at all times .
The clinic is being undertaken in this manner for the safety of the community in this unprecedented time.
It is important that patients follow all instructions for the safety of everyone and also comply with the current guidelines with regard to passengers whom are allowed to travel in the same vehicle.
We understand that this may be a slightly slower process than normal, but this is being done in the best interest of the community and we ask for everyone’s understanding.
Employers who wish the practice to come on site and deliver clinics to staff can contact Mary at the practice.
Please contact the practice on 02 63411400 for any questions in relation to this clinic.
We greatly thank all those involved for making this happen for the community. This has certainly been a large community undertaking .
Private Flu Vaccinations:
Private flu vaccinations have arrived at the practice, $20 is payable to the practice prior to receiving the vaccination.
Please phone the practice to organise vaccinations for:
Children under 5
Under 65 with a Chronic Disease (as per current government guidelines)
Please phone the practice and speak with reception staff if you have any questions.